> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > James: I Can't Find Your Reference ...
Login | Register

James: I Can't Find Your Reference ...

Posted by Jay J on June 8th, 2000 03:35 PM
In reply to What the pros do... by james Burnitz on June 8th, 2000 02:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

I looked at the NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Mfgrs. Association) WEB link you provided and couldn't find anything on the WEB page you referenced above. HOWEVER, on another WEB page, I found this: Tips From NOFMA Go to the bottom of this page and look up a few paragraphs. They DON'T recommend you fill the gaps with filler! (As you already saw, this is my position as well.) I'd like to read where you got your 'information' from. It's not ...

And to a certain extent, in your defense (for the lack of a better word), if you want to fill those gaps, read this link: Filling Hardwood Flooring Gaps. HOWEVER, (again), it's NOT a recommended procedure unless the gaps are present year-'round AND are PRONOUNCED. Buuuuuut, if you insist, this link will 'guide' you on how it's done and what your options are.

I, personally, will not unnecessarily expose myself to all the errant possibilities of what will happen when the gaps between floor-boards are filled with 'stuff'. At best, it is a temporary fix, and at worst, can cause NEW problems (like - now the boards are popping up because of all the pressure between them!) If the boards have gaps year-'round, then if you want to do it right, re-lay the boards.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC