> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Its just too early for most testing and learning
Login | Register

Its just too early for most testing and learning

Posted by Moderator, Steve on October 1st, 2002 09:56 AM
In reply to Composite decking by Ken Harding on October 1st, 2002 05:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

I for only one, feel that so many comp decking companies are rushing into the market to be void with PT leaving that much testing has not actually been done and pure speculation is flooding the market.

Trex for one, in my opinion is a big dud. They actually removed their test deck from a home center because the heat and sun caused the material to buckle, bow, contort, and turn colors.

I feel that heat and sun and UV rays will be the big test and most are not holding up. There is "yellowing" on alot of materials.

The average customer will buy these new comp products and not know what is to be expected 5 years down the road.

I will not comment on any comp material because as of now, I do not like any of them. Look at the cost per board foot also. Some of this is out rageous.

I am pushing all my "deck considering" customers to get the PT wood now before it goes out. With wood, you know that you will get 15 to 20 years of good service.

Remember, this is only my opinion. I have heard a few good comments about comp material. I think there is one on this board that has NOT had any problem with comp, but there are many that have.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC