> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > It sure helps having this message board to ask!
Login | Register

It sure helps having this message board to ask!

Posted by Bob D on June 19th, 2001 02:09 PM
In reply to More ... by Jay J -Moderator on June 19th, 2001 08:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

Yes it does suck having to inspect pro's work.

I am just an over ambitious home owner turned builder through the neccesity of not having the money to hire built the house I wanted. I have done a lot of remodeling before but NEVER this type of magnitude (building a 3000 sq ft house from scratch). I do have to admit that part of the lure was the challenge but I am also finding that you sometimes need to do it yourself to do it right. For me good unbiased building information is like a gold mine and can mean the difference between building something right the first time and building something wrong where I might need to spend thousands of dollars to fix. Even the people you hire and need to trust like your builder or your siding contractor can let you down. Salesman give you biased info and the home improvement stores mostly are filled with "experts" with no experience. So just let me say this again....

Bob D

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC