> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > It's Interesting You Mention That ...
Login | Register

It's Interesting You Mention That ...

Posted by Jay J on August 29th, 2000 10:30 AM
In reply to Fear of the unknown by John 2000 on August 27th, 2000 08:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

I LOVE snakes and bugs and such. I've got my 4-1/2 year old daughter saying that we should 'respect' wild animals and bugs. (But it's OK to smack a mosquito.) Anyways, she's really enjoying the bugs and stuff because she KNOWS about them.

We had a bees nest in the back yard that was made in-ground. I 'marked' it with an orange pole in May/June, and have enjoyed taking my daughter back there (always with me) to watch them come and go. We walk quietly and move slowly. What a sight! "We have to respect them", she says. Oh alas, just 2 weeks ago, a skunk or 2 dug up the hole. The bees are gone now. For a while there, they were fighting with the ferral cats and spraying a lot. It's quieted down now.

It's all good stuff, John. I still watch my back, and tell my daughter the same. It's perfectly OK to be on-guard if you're gonna give someone the benefit of the doubt. In the vast, majority of the cases, one's intuition is right!

Carry on.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC