> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > It's called efflorescence
Login | Register

It's called efflorescence

Posted by JoeF on February 27th, 2001 05:03 PM
In reply to House brick crumbling and turning to white powder by Susan on February 26th, 2001 05:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

I too had a brick Chicago Bungalow. you'll
usually see it up by the soffits and in the basement
where the bricks meet the poured foundation. We
used to use a week muriatic acid solution to
neutralize the alkoids (sic) Be careful with any acid.
most masons in the area are quite familiar with the

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC