> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > It's called a chain snap
Login | Register

It's called a chain snap

Posted by Jennifer in KC on March 10th, 2003 09:27 AM
In reply to Cutting cast iron stub out pipe even with basement floor by Bri on March 9th, 2003 09:14 PM [Go to top of thread]

and you can rent them at most good rental places. You wrap the chain around the cast iron pipe, connect it to the other side of the handle and tighten. The cast iron pipe will snap at the site of the chain.

Before you do this, however, make very sure you have supported the pipe above and and below where you are breaking into it with the appropriate bracing (they make cast iron pipe bracing just for this task). Cast iron pipe is VERY heavy and you don't want your entire 1st and 2nd floor soil stack falling and clonking you on the head!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC