> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > It's A Job ...
Login | Register

It's A Job ...

Posted by Jay J on September 23rd, 1999 10:53 AM
In reply to Removing Paint from Brick by Tara on September 23rd, 1999 10:05 AM [Go to top of thread]

There are a TON of posts on this board where folks want to paint their brick and are trying to be disuaded. IN your case, however, you want to take it off. That's worth considering (for the only other alternative is another 'maintenance item' around the home.)

Right now, I'm feeling like I'm dreaming this problem, so instead of going through details yet again, I suggest you peruse the main Forum page for the word 'brick' and start reading. Most of the posts will be about people wanting to paint brick but if you keep looking, you'll find a few that have ideas on how to remove the paint.

One unused idea that crossed my path is to ctc your local Historical Commission for ideas. If they don't know, ask if they know someone who DOES. BUT, before you implement any idea, read How Brick Works, And Painting It for info on how brick works and how you could damage it. You see, if you sand blast, you could do more damage than good so it would pay to first learn how brick is made, and works, before you start beating it up.

Sorry, but that's my take. (If you were me, you'd understand.) Just remember, if you end up having to paint the brick again, preparation is important! You're not painting drywall. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC