> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Isn't That What 'They' Said ???
Login | Register

Isn't That What 'They' Said ???

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 26th, 2001 08:27 AM
In reply to insulating new house by Charley on October 23rd, 2001 05:35 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Scott,

Charley is asking what to use, and the Follow-ups make specific suggestions. I would think that in making a room a concert hall, it would accomplish the man's request anyway. Do YOU know how 'far' Charlie wants to go in this project? However, IMO, I don't see the Follow-ups suggesting ANYTHING near to using 'stuff' for building a concert hall. Geesh, Charlie, how may different types of material are out there that can be used in this type of job??? Certainly a WHOLE lot more than what you're suggesting.

For future reference, before you call anyone a dope, you ought to know who you're talking to. For one, if you were in a bar and called a guy you didn't know a dope, you won't end up w/a beer in your face but, rather, a knuckle sandwich instead. It's too easy here on the Forum to take liberties when it comes to cheap shots. No one can readily defend themselves. It's certainly worth noting that part of your Follow-up DOES help Charlie. It would have been much more productive to have spent a few extra seconds (of typing) recommending a product instead of bashing people trying to help others, don't ya think?

Charlie - See Owens Corning Fiberglass Batts For Noise Control. NOTE: These ... batts have no labeled R-value as they have been designed and tested specifically for noise control applications. (You don't want to use them on an outside wall ...)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC