> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Is there a right way to sheath a wall with OSB?
Login | Register

Is there a right way to sheath a wall with OSB?

Posted by Dave on May 19th, 2002 11:00 AM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I've been searching and searching for someone that can tell me or show me the correct way to position OSB on 16o.c. framing. I would like diagrams, because ti would be easier than writing detailed descriptions, but if you so desire... Waht bothers me is that I can't weem to find anyone that will say exactly where the seams are to begin and end, and so on. I am starting just below the top of the concrete foundation and attaching to the top plate of the first floor wall, but I am sick because my inspector doesn't seem to want to tell me exactly what he is going to approve, or exactly how to do this. Anyway, I figure there must be a right way to attach the stuff to a two story house, sufficiently tying together the framing components the way they should be. It is a box style house that will end up being 70' long by thirty feet wide. Gable roof. Simple. All double top plates and 2x8 rim and band joists. Plates bolted to foundation and no straps tying the floors together are required. Thank you for your help! Any web sites describing various situations would be appreciated also.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC