> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Is it possible to reverse the lever arm?
Login | Register

Is it possible to reverse the lever arm?

Posted by Jim -ATS on May 16th, 2000 07:08 PM
In reply to 2 more things by bc on May 16th, 2000 05:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Usually, the arm connects to the opener on the opener end of the arm, and the door on the door end. What if you connected it backwards, so that the end connected to the shaft is closest to the door, while the end connected to the door is closest to the opener. (God, I wish we could draw pictures on here.)

Naw, that wouldn't work either.

I still like the sprocket idea.

Oh! I've got it! Get some reflective yellow road paint (Rodda sells it) and paint stripes on the bottom edge of the door, alternating with a nice flat black.

Then pound a nail into the wall near the door to the house, and hang a hard hat on it.

As far as your wife not seeing it as a problem, buy her some of those rediculous platform shoes all the teenagers are wearing these days. That should get her up there close enough!

(Gee, I COULD suggest you call a garage door contractor, or is that too obvious?!!!)

Off to the softball game! Oh, and I need to pick up 100 3x5 concrete backer board panels, I am going to pave my driveway with them.

Later guys!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC