> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Inverters....
Login | Register


Posted by Larry on August 11th, 2000 07:26 AM
In reply to Contractors truck by Sean Sigworth on August 10th, 2000 11:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

You can...and it wouldn't cost you much.

First you need to figure out the wattage you will need.

Then buy the appropriate inverter. Inverters are getting cheaper ever day. I use a 220 watt inverter for power outages at the home ($40-50) and it will run my 20" TV and a 40 watt light bulb with no problem. I use a 600 watt inverter ($60-70) in my truck for builders who don't believe houses need electric power to be built and hence don't provide a power source. This will power most of my power tools. A 2500 watt (about $500) will power just about anything with a plug.

Depending on the kind you get, they either plug into your cigarette lighter or are attached to the terminals of your vehicle battery. I would recommend, however, that you purchase a seperate battery, marine perferably.

Inverters can be found at most auto part and marine stores.

By the way, this is a different Larry.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC