> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Interesting...
Login | Register

Posted by Wick on August 3rd, 2000 04:50 PM
In reply to Join The Fan Club !!! by Jay J on August 3rd, 2000 03:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Very interesting observations here. First, Mr. Montague states that "i was the editor of burpee home gardener magazine", which indicates that he
is apparently no longer is the editor. Second, surely an editor would be able to proofread, )isn't that part of the job description?), so what editor would not capitolize when
starting a sentence, or naming a their publication? I have to agree that his credentials are questionable. And for what it's worth, I searched the BV site and found 15 articles which state that they
were provided courtesy of Burpee, so in checking the link back to Burpee and looking around, there is nary a "copyright" statement to be found, nor any
statements referring to "terms of use". They do have an area titles "Terms of use", but it only refers to customer service and ordering and still no copyright notice.

So bottom line question, if something on the web is prohibited from being re-published, shouldn't it state so and be copyrighted? Hmmm, is there a lawyer in the house who could answer this legality (Regina!)???
Anyway, that's my 2¢ worth, and take on this issue.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC