> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Interesting ...
Login | Register

Interesting ...

Posted by Jay J on July 24th, 2000 08:13 AM
In reply to Metal roof Gutters by Mark on July 24th, 2000 12:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

(Sorry, but Bob isn't here ...) But maybe we CAN help you.

If you have vinyl gutters, get rid of them. They aren't rated for the amount of snow you're getting (from the sounds of your Post.) I suggest you get seamless, contiguous gutters (for starters.) Get a good hanger, one of which I recommend is the hidden hanger. At the same time, you'll probably need Snow Rakes. (I think that's what they're called. They're those pointey 'things' that stick up on the roof just above the eaves. They're used to break up the snow before it falls off the eaves.)

With such a pitch, obviously, it's very steep and your snow will never lay on the roof that long. (The metal assists in this 'process' too.) If you can break up the snow a bit before it falls off the roof (and onto your gutters), you may be OK. You can also talk to the folks that installed (or made) your roof. See what they say. PLUS, you can 'look around' and find other homes/businesses that have a similiar roof and see how they handle your situation. Other than this, maybe someone else on the Forum will come along and help you.

For now, my best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC