> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Interesting
Login | Register

Posted by JackD on October 3rd, 2001 10:08 AM
In reply to oven door by diane on October 1st, 2001 07:35 PM [Go to top of thread]

Diane, I'm not the appliance repairman to end all appliance repairmen but I've never run across an oven door that couldn't be removed when opened to the first catch. That's surely not to say that they aren't out there. Normally, when you open the door to where it will stay open by itself, leaving a gap between the door and the stove of about 3 or 4 inches, you can pull the door straight up. If it won't come off, you might try wiggling it up and down, one side at a time. It could just be tight or stuck with cooking grease and such at the hinges. Look at the side of the door, at the bottom sides, and see if there are any screws. Never seen any before, but you never know. Pull the door from the top and not the bottom. I'm with JayJ, don't know what your original problem is, but getting the door off seems important. Does the door not stay closed, don't close completely, leak heat, what? The people here can almost fix it for you, if we can get more information. And before I spent $200 dollars on a repair, I'd be pricing a new oven. Provide us with a little more information and we'll try to help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC