> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > insurance claim
Login | Register

insurance claim

Posted by bc on January 9th, 2001 04:54 PM
In reply to ice damming/ice/water backup by david riley on January 9th, 2001 04:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Let's see what your insurance adjuster does first. Once they get a claim, they should assign a number and an adjuster. You probably won't be dealing with your agent. With water damage they usually move quickly to get it taken care of. Post back with what he recommends. He will probably want to pay a contractor to fix it. He won't have his checkbook in his back pocket when he comes. You need to fix the dam ice problem though. Look at the posts below. Try control and f and then search on words like ice, insulation, attic, drywall, etc. Get some fans in and start drying everything quick before mold and mildew set in. The insurance companies have standing contracts with companies like service master for clean up. What insurance company do you have? Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC