> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Insulation between sub floor and new hardwood.
Login | Register

Insulation between sub floor and new hardwood.

Posted by Terry on November 16th, 2002 09:08 AM
In reply to Cold hardwood floors over unheated basement...insulation? by Eric on February 15th, 2000 01:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

We have a 125 year old home that has partially been added onto but a very well know local arictech in Halifax, NS, that builds Hospitals etc. In the sunken living room they put carpet. Now we have hardwood flooring in the kitchen (the original refurbished) new Birch in the Dining room and thanks to new Bishon Pup of a couple of years, still thinks and does get away with his kidneys when it is stormy outside. We have decided to take the carpet up and install hardwood, however there is no basement under the sunken living room and impossible to crawl under to properly insulate. I am afraid that if I did not get some kind of insullation between the Plywood and hardwood floore it would be extremely cold. The house is not very easy to heat, but the hardwood floors scare me with no insulation underneath. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, have a nice day and compliaments to the season to you and yours, even though a little early. Later Terry

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC