> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > insulation
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on September 10th, 1999 01:18 PM
In reply to Ceramic spray on insulation by Carol on September 10th, 1999 10:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

It sure looks interesting, Carol. But I would be a little cautious. It does seem oriented toward industrial customers, which might indicate that the cost or application procedures may put it out of range for home usage. The MSDS sheet doesn't give much of an indication of the product except in the most general of terms.

I noted that the testmonial from the Budweiser Racing Team was from about 1989. The team owner has long since retired. To the best of my knowledge, it is not being used in NASCAR today and it would be if it was that good. Ricky Rudd had his back badly burned last year, the very thing that the product was supposed to prevent, for example. There was some work done in the same area with the same kind of ceramic tiles that NASA uses about 2 years ago and I don't believe that they were adopted either.

Perhaps they have a great product and just don't know how to market it, but I would think that if it was as good as they indicate that it would have been more widely used in the 10 years that it has been available.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC