> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > insulating foam
Login | Register

insulating foam

Posted by Fred in TX on August 17th, 2000 02:01 PM
In reply to Who sells the equipment and materials for injecting insulation by K K on August 16th, 2000 10:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi KK,
If you mean icynene foam, you can't buy the materials which are two liquids sprayed under pressure. Only the dealers have access to it. Further, it comes in 55 gallon drums. A guy in the construction business and I estimated the cost for the equipment to get a dealership was from 50K to 75K plus a truck. Plus the manufacturer will only allow someone with a background in construction or insulation to get one. The manufacturer's web site has a place for you to find the nearest dealer. I can tell you it ain't cheap and they have difficulty getting full coverage in closed walls (even though they say that's what it's good for) --- it works good if the wall is open on one side.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC