> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Installing Wood Flooring
Login | Register

Installing Wood Flooring

Posted by Maggie Williamson on June 27th, 1998 01:48 AM
In reply to Some Help ... by Jay J on June 24th, 1998 01:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

Appreciate your answer BUT..... we're not taking offense, but we are extremely good do-it-yourselfers, have been for well over 15 years. However, the instructions (which we HAVE read from beginning to end), do not address the questions I posed to you.

The foam underlayment I spoke of is a product shown as being used by Pergo with their flooring. Since it sounded like such a good idea, we were planning to use it with the Bruce flooring if it could be done. Pergo's instructions were to glue all grooves together in their tongue and groove product. Bruce instructed to glue their flooring directly to the plywood sheathing. My question addressed whether or not we could use the foam product with the Bruce flooring. We are not concerned or interested in the product warranty and if given the correct direction, our project will turn out as well as all our past home improvements - professional and beautiful looking.

To reiterate as clearly as possible, would it be viable to use the foam product under the plywood subfloor or between the plywood and wood flooring since this whole project cannot be nailed,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC