> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > installing deck
Login | Register

installing deck

Posted by cduhamel on May 7th, 2002 12:11 PM
In reply to Vinyl siding and decks. by Jason on May 6th, 2002 11:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jason,
We're installing a corner deck which will be attached to two sides of the house one that will be where we installed the back door.

Thanks for going into so much detail about detaching the vinyl siding. We've already purchased the zip tools and have taken off most of the siding to install the door. Talk about a pain in the $*#*&. I don't really want to expose the house below the deck due to the vinyl siding being installed over the existing clapboard and the deck is going to be about 6' above the ground, so the bottom of the house will be seen when you're in the back yard.

Also there is a full window installed in the basement which we're walling over and need to cover.

One side can be held with the decking as you said, but would you butt the ends up to the vinyl siding at the other side of the house?

Also, as far as installing the flashing..I just want to make sure I get this right -- it will be nailed 2-3" under the siding, the ledger boards can then be installed and the same piece of flashing will go over the top of the ledger? You are also talking about installing flashing on top of each joist before the decking is installed, right?

thanks for your help. Hopefully we'll be starting this project within a couple of weeks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC