> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > installing burber
Login | Register

installing burber

Posted by don blackwell on January 21st, 2001 12:36 PM
In reply to carpet laying by Tim on March 29th, 1998 07:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

tim this is a few things i would tell you about berber. most burber are very stiff. i hope you have base boards up. you will need a power streacher a knee kicker a wall knife a carpet knife a tucker. you should not any thing to seam with unless it joins another carpet in that case you need a seam iron and seam in tape and pro.seam sealer. make sure you are careful not to mess up the walls trying to lay the carpet out. you will need help with this i asure you. go to local supply store ask for help burber is not the type carpet you want to start to learn with. heat is very important to relax the carpet once it is layed out. i suggest it be very warm in the room for a few hours to relax the carpet. the pad is also a ferm pad is usually best for burber. as how to streach the carpet depends on does it have a patern in the burber .my best advice is find a professionl installer to do the job it will pro save you money.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC