> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > install...
Login | Register

Posted by tom on January 26th, 2001 03:30 PM
In reply to SATELITE DISH INSTALATION by XAVIER on January 26th, 2001 03:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

Are you using DirecTV? I will assume you are. I am also assuming you have already determined that you have a clear view of the satellite, which is over southern Texas. If you go to the DirecTV website and input your zipcode, it will give you the longitude/latitude of where you need to point the satellite. You need an unobstructed view of that point, ie: no trees, etc. in the way.

Now you simply mount the base plate of the dish to your pole, deck, roof, whatever. Then using RG6 cable with attached ground, you run the cable through the dish and to a point where you can ground the system. I mounted a waterproof junction box underneath my deck and grounded the cable inside there. From that junction box, run the cable out and to your receivers. Once you have it hooked up, there is an interactive setup tool that helps you fine tune the signal. A bit of advice: a tiny adjustment makes a big difference. Each time you adjust the dish, give it a few minutes before moving it again to see if the signal improves. When I installed mine, I could not get a signal. When I was just about ready to give up, the picture popped on the screen because I hadn't given enough time for the dish to search for a signal. Anyway, I hope this helps a bit.

Alot of these systems are now being sold with free installation, maybe that is an option? Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC