> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Inspectors
Login | Register


Posted by DH on September 9th, 2001 01:46 AM
In reply to Ridge Vents by Sandy on September 3rd, 2001 01:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

If the building department will not accept a ridge vent you need to ask them why. Most inspectors will be more than happy to work with you if you give them a chance. Ask them what they want to see. Just don't flip them any attitude! Is the house still in the planning stages?? Or is in Framed up?? Is this over a vaulted ceiling?? You could see if they will accept the installation of simpson wall ties over the top of the rafters. Another option is to put the sheeting on to the ridge and Drill a series of 2" holes in the rafter bays, or give up on ridge vent and put in roof jacks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC