> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Induction Cook tops
Login | Register

Induction Cook tops

Posted by D Ray on April 8th, 2003 11:18 AM
In reply to Have same model as you. by Artie Berg on April 5th, 2003 04:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Contact information by DanO on 01/26/2009

Does anyone still make induction cooktops? My mother has one that the Sears Service is making a call on today. If they declare it DOA, I will need to find another one ASAP. She's had this one for at least 8 years, I'm not really sure. She worked for Sears all her adult life, & so did my Dad, so she's always been sold on Sears products and Maintenance Agreements. But, at 75 years old, still living on her own after a few strokes, etc, she really doesn't need to have to learn how to operate something new. She had a bad track record with electric coil stoves - she set kitchens on fire at least 3 times, the first time when she was only 42, so it's not just age related. I hate to think what would happen with her and a gas stove. Anyway, when this one went out last week, we hooked up an elec. range for her in the garage. Sunday, she cooked breakfast out there. Sunday afternoon, we found the burner had not been turned off, the grease in the pan had caught fire and burned itself out, but everything was still hot! The garage construction saved the day - a solid concrete wall and Type X DW ceiling with no combustible material within several feet of the range. Anyway, to facilitate Mom living on her own, we must have an induction cook top, or else!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC