> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Indoor Vent Kit
Login | Register

Indoor Vent Kit

Posted by Dan O. on November 24th, 2002 03:35 PM
In reply to Dryer vent that circulates heat back into house by Mary Delagardelle on November 24th, 2002 02:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

There are "indoor vent kits" sold by most hardware stores and appliance parts suppliers. They consist of a length of flexible ducting and a bucket that holds a small amount of water to collect any lint that gets past the dryer's lint filter.

They work pretty well but the bucket has to be cleaned regularly and the water changed as it can get pretty scummy. Some lint may still escape into the immediate area. In the dry winter months, the humidity recovered from the dryer exhaust help to keep you house more comfortable.

You can see an illustration of one at the following link:

LINK> Indoor Vent Kit

** This type of device should NOT be used with a gas dryer. People with allergies or dust sensitivity should also probably not use them. **

PS. You should probably replace the sticking dryer vent flapper as well for when it's used during the summer where you don't want the added humidity from the dryer exhaust in the house.

Dan O.
The Appliance Information Site


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC