> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > indoor firepit
Login | Register

indoor firepit

Posted by Rick DuRapau on December 5th, 2002 02:47 PM
In reply to Indoor firepit by Bob on December 20th, 2000 03:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm putting one in my new floating house that I'm building on Lake Travis near Austin, Tx. Everyone says I'm crazy, but it doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me. What is really the difference between this & a fireplace. Not all that much I contend. I think it can be done with careful planning. I'm going to be careful with the flue design. It will have a straight shot with fan assist. I'm going to be careful with the floor design under the pit. It will be designed to handle the heat ( still enginneering that). The flue will also be height adjustable to adjust to any smoke escaping. Also, since this is a small lake house (1350 sq ft - 2 story) where space is at a premium, I've designed the whole thing to be removable in the summer! Another bonus - I can take it outside for a special occasion. Can you imagine sitting around the pit on lawn chairs - indoors? How cool is that? I'll send pics if you want. I think its gona be fine. I do have a picture of an indoor pit from an architectural textbook circa, 1965. Oh, I bought the pit from California Firepits.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC