> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > incomplete e-mail message
Login | Register

incomplete e-mail message

Posted by Doug Bever on October 7th, 2002 11:46 AM
In reply to My paint will not dry by Doug Bever on October 7th, 2002 11:31 AM [Go to top of thread]

Sorry, the e-mail was not finished. We lightly sanded the chairs and applied the first coat. waited 4-5 hours and the paint was still tacky. I have never seen paint that after 5 hours was still tacky. We applied another coat and had trouble with the first coat smearing, so we waited 7 days until the next coat. The paint was still a little tacky, but I applied another coat. I bumped a chair and a huge chunk of paint came off and I started checking the others. I can scrape the paint off with my fingernail. I painted a chest for my sons room with a much cheaper paint and it did a great job. Is Ralph Lauren paint just for the walls or did I get a bad can of paint. The guy at home depot said that it was because we did not use a primer. However, I did not use a primer with the other paint and it did well. Does all Ralph Lauren paint require a primer or is the guy at Home Depot an idot that did not want to admit that they had screwed up. Why would paint not be dry after 7 days. If it takes that long for R/L paint to dry. I need to start buying another brand of paint.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC