> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > In Who's Ballpark ???
Login | Register

In Who's Ballpark ???

Posted by Jay J on January 13th, 2000 08:59 AM
In reply to gravel driveways by David Sutts on January 13th, 2000 12:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

If you just want a quote for gravel (delivered), you can just call a gravel or stone yard/quary. (They're in the Yellow Pages under STONE - CRUSHED, or QUARRIES, or GRAVEL.) But, if you're looking for pricing, installed, there are many factors that play into the price: Removal of old driveway, type of terrain, borders, tree removal, location, and so on.

For me, 3/4" modified stone cost $25 per ton. And $35 for delivery, where I only live about 2 miles from a Stone Yard!

Limestone Gravel - This is usually used in making hard-packed, gravel driveways. It's about $15.00 a scoop and weighs about 1500 lbs. One scoop can cover approximately 70 square feet about 2-3 inches in depth.

Pea Gravel- The 1/2 pea gravel is usually used in rock gardens in place of mulch, and other landscape projects wanting an 'Arizona' feel. It's also used for cobblestone driveways or walkways. It costs about $25.00 for one scoop, and weighs about 1500 lbs. One scoop will cover about 70 square feet about 2-3 inches in depth.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Delivery: $15.00 if it's within a 5 mile radius of the yard.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• stone by kyle garrity  1/21/00 10:52 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC