> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > In-wall speakers
Login | Register

In-wall speakers

Posted by Bruce M on November 28th, 1997 09:43 PM
In reply to Wall Speakers - in the wall by Brian Wiggins on November 27th, 1997 12:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Brian:
I too remember that show.
There are a number of companies who make in-wall speakers. A NET search should find multiple vendors.

A word of caution, though. I went through considerable research about 14 months ago for small or inconspicuous in-wall speakers for our newly remodeled formal living room. My first thoughts were directed towards the tiny Bose cubes or in-wall units. During my research, I discovered many things I didn't know; one of them was that although they are inconspicuous, in-wall speakers are very limited in the sonic capabilities, with their only real value of providing soft back-ground music at low volumes. For sound quality, they are usually rated very poorly by those who rate speakers for a living...almost as poorly as Bose speakers.

FWIW, I wound up going with a pair of NHT Superone satellites, mounted high in the corners of our living room (relatively inconspicuous) and a single non-directional Hsu subwoofer that looks all the world like a corner table.........but what sound!!!

Best wishes

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC