I am buying a 150 yr old house which has blown-in cellulose insulation. The house is within 1/4 mile of the Massachusetts coast. How common and how severe are condensation problems in the walls with this type of installation? Walls are horsehair plaster. There is certainly no kraft or poly vapor barrier on the warm side.
The house also has knob and tube wiring running through the walls--including, presumably, the exterior walls. House big a concern is it that heat from the knob and tube may overcome the flame retardant in the cellulose and/or cause pyrolysis in wood framing members?