> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > In SE PA ...
Login | Register

In SE PA ...

Posted by Jay J on May 23rd, 2000 07:54 AM
In reply to How about the rest of the country? by Myles on May 22nd, 2000 04:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

... It's not permitted for a habital structure. Slabs are used.

I didn't say the whole US was a quake zone but the codes around the country have taken 'notice' of what HAPPENS in quake zones. Certainly, it's not required in SE PA to tie the wall down to the foundation. You'll find post and pier construction along, well, the shore because code requires a footing down to bedrock.

I guess common sense says it's used where it makes the MOST sense. Does that help you???

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Got it! by Myles  5/24/00 04:11 AM (: 1, : 0)

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC