> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > If This Were To Be The Case ...
Login | Register

If This Were To Be The Case ...

Posted by Jay J on October 15th, 1998 04:00 PM
In reply to Lets keep both BBS's by carla on October 15th, 1998 01:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

The Webmeister would need to install new software on this 'old' BBS to ask, simply, for a 'category' (or specific item of interest when a question is posted, as you suggest). AND, the 'new' BBS would have to have the ability to update this BBS (the 'old' one). A 2-way BBS so to speak.

I dont' think the Webmeister wants double-the-effort in maintenance for this idea. As most folks have already suggested, they're happy with the current version of the BBS (which, I might say, was NOT my initial position. I, too, thought 2 BBS's were good to have.)

Anyway, I see your point. But in a lot of cases in the real world, I don't think the folks at *******.COM are gonna give 'us' the best of both worlds. It's just a hunch. (But I'm ready for a surprise!) For what it's worth, I think the NEW forum is better suited to folks who post questions 99.9% of the time. I equally think the OLD Forum is better suited to folks who post Follow-Ups 99.9% of the time. This is the dilemma in my mind for 'us' and the Webmeister. IF we can get the best of both worlds, that would be nice. But unless one can walk in 'both' shoes, one would not be able to appreciate the other's 'sore feet' (if you know what I mean.) In other words, which 'way' is better is a matter of perspective.

Ciao for now. (Another $.02 from Jay J)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC