> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ice and water shield...
Login | Register

ice and water shield...

Posted by jb on August 30th, 2000 08:44 AM
In reply to wide flashing cut to size and back peeled to apply by Anna E on August 29th, 2000 05:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

What you are describing sounds like ice and water shield. This is sometimes used as flashing (or in addition to flashing) and is usually used near the bottom of roofs, above the eaves to help protect against ice dams. It is pretty expensive stuff and is probably not appropriate for a shed. He just needs to re-shingle the shed, there is no magic bullet and no substitute for a properly shingled roof.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC