> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I would say its a DIY,, if....
Login | Register

I would say its a DIY,, if....

Posted by Steve: on January 17th, 2001 07:06 PM
In reply to Blown insulation into a wall -- is this a diy project? by TKH on January 17th, 2001 06:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

you want to drill holes in each section between the wall studs and you don't have fire blocks in the wall.

I would with a stud finder locate each stud and mark them. Then at the ceiling height, drill holes with a drill attachment hole saw, this way you make a nice hole and you can keep the cut out hole in the drill attachment for replacement. The hole needs to be large enough for the male end of the blower hose will fit into the hole.

Then rent a blower and I would use not cellose but blown in fiberglass. Cellose does settle allot and soon the wall will be 2/3 filled.

Be sure and use a mask, eye protection and be ready when the area fills up, because it will errupt when full, this could be messy and dangerous.

I would do each section and then plug up the hole and do your mud work and then paint.

No big deal, just hope that there are no fire blocks. I imagine that a good stud finder will locate them. Like a Zercon.

If you have a fire wall, then you will have a hole above and below the wall or lateral stud.

No problem.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC