> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I would look under "Building Movers"
Login | Register

I would look under "Building Movers"

Posted by Jason on April 9th, 2002 08:36 PM
In reply to Sloping floors by John T on April 9th, 2002 03:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings John,

I would look under "Building Movers". They have the equipment and the know how.

You will get the cracks in the walls and ceilings that you anticipate. Windows located over the foundation should be fairly safe but before the house is jacked up, all the windows should be unlocked and opened a bit. A building mover will know this.

Your sliding patio door should not be affected because it should be over the sill plate that sits on the foundation. This should not have moved.

I would not advise you to rip up the floor.

Good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC