> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I would definately say, "lets crawl first then walk"
Login | Register

I would definately say, "lets crawl first then walk"

Posted by Moderator, Steve on March 19th, 2002 04:23 PM
In reply to "becoming the next home improvement star" by Karen on March 19th, 2002 01:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

Ripping out walls scares me to death. Lets not even think about this yet. There are safe walls to take down and walls that support the entire home, those must stay unless you like walking on your attic flooring on the first floor.

Now, the bathtub removal and reinstall is not for you either. On a scale of 1-10, the tub is a 8. Ceramic tile work is definately a doable thing for you. Know your subflooring, know the type of mastic, know the type of grout and know how to make a symetrical tile job.

I would suggest that you get some of those good how to books at your home center. HOme Depot has a very good book on how to fix everything in your home and with a tool list and material list and a scale of 1 - 10 that lets you know if this fits your skill level.

your skill level will increase with every job you do and every book your read. How to books are divided in to categories, wood working, tile, electrical and such. these books are great.

If I were you, I would delve into ceramic tile laying and become good at that, then hit vinyl tile work and then wallpapering, then of course painting work. I bet if you read a book on painting, you will find out that painting is NOT just applying paint. There are painting orders or hireicy of doing things.

I admire your desires and drive, you can do these things but you have to have a book and or teacher to assist you.

This site with ALL its professionals on it can really guide you along as you go. But, don't ask questions after you have done something wrong. Get your ducks in order before the job and then you know what your getting into.

We have patience and desire to assist people, we are all skilled in some different areas and together, we make one heck of a stew. We have painters, carpenters, inspectors, wallpapering people and electricians and HVAC people.

Use us, we can make your husband proud, just don't tell him where your getting the information.LOL.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Also by Moderator, Steve  3/19/02 04:29 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC