> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I will try the question on pour flushing
Login | Register

I will try the question on pour flushing

Posted by LJ in TX on October 25th, 2002 05:16 PM
In reply to Second Things First..... by Dodgeman on October 25th, 2002 12:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

I believe this is caused by a lack of adequate venting for that toilet to flush adequately on its own. I have a similar problem with a half bath we added in a remodel three years ago and it requires you to hold the handle down for a complete flush too. I have tried adjusting everything and I just gave up believing its was not adequately vented by my licensed plumber. If I dont hold the handle down for a complete flush the bowl does refill sufficiently to support a good flush the next time. I have considered changing out the guts of the tank with a convential was outfited as a low volume flush system (i.e. only 1.6 gallons of water in the tank and the exit valve where the flapper sits is elevated off the bottom of the tank about an inch at least. convential flush setups has that flapper valve flush at the floor of the tank and this may fix my specific problem but did not want to go thur the hassle of the changeout. ...

sorry I could not be more helpful. How long has this one been flushing like this ,,,,? did it use to flush better?? LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC