> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I went up into the attic
Login | Register

I went up into the attic

Posted by Tom on January 4th, 2003 08:56 AM
In reply to another question by David on January 3rd, 2003 10:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

We are original owners of the house,Our house is 10 years old,vinyl siding,but last night I went up to the attic,the cardboard insulation stops on the one side of the house are falling off they have major water damage ,the blown-in insulation is all wet ,then I looked where the furance chimmney comes up and there is a hole which goes down to the main level,no poly, no insulation ,which is about 15 feet away where the water is coming through.So hopefully today I can fix all that up,but now I have a different problem,the inside of the roof on the one side of house has ice on the plywood,and is wet,this time of year up in Alberta it will be very hard to dry off and to get rid of all that moisture on the plywood.

We haven't had that much snow ,it was just the heat that came up into the attic and froze on the roof.How can we dry that out,so I can start tearing the walls apart to replace the wet insulation in the walls,or do we have to wait till spring ?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC