> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I want in on this one.....LOL
Login | Register

I want in on this one.....LOL

Posted by Ed Parker on February 11th, 2000 11:35 AM
In reply to since you asked.... by BobF on February 11th, 2000 08:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

How many times did you go back to the lumber yard to get another stud or plywood or C-channel? With the myriad of materials you used, no wonder it took you several days to complete !!! What is SO hard about drilling holes? Many people run the wire behind the wall and drill no holes, but I still can't see why drilling should take so long. Get an auger bit. Get a nail gun. Don't buy framing lumber from Home Depot. Sure, your way works, as long as you have a big pile of metal studs, wood studs, plywood, C- channel, spray adhesive, time, patience.... There is nothing easier and faster than framing non-bearing basement walls from wood. The average DIYer is already familiar with the product and it's attachment methods, and would fare better with a familiar product. Not that there's anything wrong with yours..... (Oh yeah,...switch boxes can still be located anywhere, regardless of the framing type) (I love a good debate)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC