> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Understand Your Situation ...
Login | Register

I Understand Your Situation ...

Posted by Jay J on July 25th, 2000 03:46 PM
In reply to Painting in the evening by Ernie Gray on July 25th, 2000 03:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

... But it's hard to tell if you have a legitimate complaint.

For starters, don't be too hard on yourself for learning a lesson. (Welcome to the club!) It's admirable to admit your 'mistakes'. Moving right along, ... If you can get the Paint People or mfgr. to admit that the paint SHOULDN'T have run under the conditions you described, BUT instead, have just a looooonger drying time (under those conditions), then you should demand your $$$ back. I have to say that under those conditions, it's possible for the paint to run. But I certainly can't say (since I'm not the Retailer or mfgr.), if the slow drying time due to the dew will 'cause' the paint to run and, instead, NOT just stay wet. My experience under similiar conditions is you'll see moisture 'pool', or look as droplets, on the wet paint but not run. The paint, itself, would be a bit sticky/tacky but, eventually, dry out. (Your paint may have dried out as 'normal', but in the meantime, it ran ...) I know I mentioned it already but do you think you just didn't mix the paint as well as you should???

One 'thing' you might experience real soon is blistering (as side effect of this 'problem'.) Blistering will occur if moisture gets trapped under paint and then gets heated by the sun (or whatever) where it can't escape. (Hence, any moisture trapped between a primer and a top-coat would cause the moisture to expand, causing blistering.) BEFORE you do any more painting, see if this occurs. In the meantime, work the Paint Folks over to see if you can get them to say that the 'effect' you describe SHOULDN'T have happened under the conditions you described. When they make the 'right admission', ask for your $$$ back. (Then get some better Primer & Paint, if need be.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC