> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I understand and agree with you, BobB, sometimes.
Login | Register

I understand and agree with you, BobB, sometimes.

Posted by Henry in MI on May 29th, 2001 04:49 PM
In reply to Grounding Conductive Siding by BobB on May 29th, 2001 08:17 AM [Go to top of thread]

In other words, it's all JayJ's fault. LOL

I guess that with all the thunder and lightening we were having yesterday. I was thinking more about that, and I would agree, if you had any electrical wiring running close to the siding. For my gable ends with aluminum siding on them only and no electric wiring anywhere close, it does not make sense, but I guess that's what keeps building code writers occupied. I had thought about outdoor lighting and such but figured that those outlets would be covered by other parts of the code, grounded outlets for example. And it sure would make sense to ground the siding when the 220 line was on or near a house with full aluminum siding. Guess I will spend next weekend grounding my aluminum gutters--not. LOL

This really was an interesting point to consider, I think. And thanks for the feedback and other considerations from all of you.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC