> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Tried, But ...
Login | Register

I Tried, But ...

Posted by Jay J on September 21st, 2000 09:48 AM
In reply to Permanent Wood Foundations? by Joe Serrano on September 19th, 2000 02:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

I put together this hugh reply for you, and one of the sites I visited on Wood Foundations ran an Applet that 'hung' Netscape on me!!! Yes, I'm a bit urked so I'm not gonna put it together a 2nd time.

Instead, I'm gonna refer you to My Favorite WEB Search Engine and let you peruse the 100+ articles / WEB sites yourself.

As for advantages and disadvantages, well, that depends on who you talk to. A contractor that primarily makes his living installing Wood Foundations will try to stear you away from anything else. And a contractor that makes his living pouring concrete ones will stear you away from Wood Foundations. At the same time, depending on 'who' wrote what you're reading, the 'opinion' / 'statements' may be biased. The sites you find from my Search have BOTH sides. That's what you want to read. At the same time, your 'answer' may depend on below/above basement, finished/unfinished, soil type, and so on. In short, depending on what you're looking for your basement to 'do' for you, and what it will 'do' for your house, will also help guide you to the 'right answer'. I wish I could say it was as straight forward as saying punt.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

PS: For my home, whose basement is below ground and unfinished and, essentially, unheated, I have a poured basement. I have no water issues (as they've all been 'addressed' over time.) I don't intend on doing anything more with my basement so, beings it's poured concrete, I like it for that fact (along with some others that aren't pertinent here, like storage ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC