> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I, Too, Would Stay Away ...
Login | Register

I, Too, Would Stay Away ...

Posted by Jay J on July 13th, 2000 08:25 AM
In reply to Termite Tent by Sharon on July 12th, 2000 07:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

In order to get rid of termites, where you'd have better peace of mind, you need to eliminate the condition in which they THRIVE. A certain temperature and moisture presence are what they want. If those conditions are present, and 'food' is around, they'll come. You can take your chances with a Home Inspection where you may get a report that you need to 'fix this gutter' and 're-landscape that ground' and 'cut away these bushes and trees', but will you sleep at night, still wondering if they'll ever come back.

In my opinion, it's one thing to have a home 'sprayed' or 'plugged' for termites. But when tenting is involved, that tells me that 'they' don't know the extent of the infestation other than it's PROBABLY EVERYWHERE in and/or around the house! In addition, the Home Inspection MAY find some damage. But knowing what you know now, what about the damage you CAN'T see? If you buy this house, I bet it won't be long before you ask the Forum to help you 'fix' a problem with some floor joists that were once infested with termites.

That's all I've got to say 'bout that. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC