> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Think You Missed This ...
Login | Register

I Think You Missed This ...

Posted by Jay J on March 16th, 2000 07:58 AM
In reply to Think again.... by Gutterless on March 16th, 2000 07:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

I think you missed the point Jim was making. If you look at this follow-up you wrote Gutters can't be the problem, you said that gutters can't be the problem. Well, after 12 years (minus 2 weeks) w/o gutters, one can certainly see that no gutters IS most likely the problem regardless of where the homeowner lives. We're talking 12 years of no gutters; not 2 weeks of no gutters. So, in that 12 years, it's very easily to assume that the source of the problem.

Reasonable assumptions can be made from what little the original poster said. And yes, you're right about the problem with the landscaping. Even with positive sloping there's a lot of water that runs off the roof onto the ground below, and after 12 years, it will 'alter' the landscape so it can get into the crawlspace. Burying a soaker won't duplicate rainwater running off a roof in my opinion. Other than God, I believe a fire truck hose and a Hollywood Set Crew can duplicate a rain. Jim's not making a blanket statement. I think he's making one based on the original post and from what you 'read' into it. Check out your initial reply and see how it just gets worst from there.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC