> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I think my house was built on a stream!!!!! help mudd every where
Login | Register

I think my house was built on a stream!!!!! help mudd every where

Posted by Kayleen Josephson on March 25th, 2003 05:07 PM
In reply to MUDDY BACK YARD by Betsy Arroyo on August 29th, 2002 12:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I think my house was built on a stream or creek. I am told by my neighbors it will get much worse/ I bought my home in a nice neighborhood in minnesota and my dog or children cannot go out at all. even the front of the house is very moist. my house is about 23 years old. and a two story with a full basement. there is a drain tile system that i had installed around 7k but I notice there is still black mold growing on the walls downs stairs and if I touch the exposed brick walls your hand generally comes away moist. I feel very decieved about the extent of the damage that clearly existed when I purchased the home is this repairable? is this damaged structure is this an insurance issue will my house be here in 20 more years and if so what shape will it be in. is it even worth it to me to continue to dump $ into it? I am concerned about the foundation and healthyness of it all I am a single mom with 3 children and would like to know the facts and quit getting the run around. I need to know information that is fact from a informed educated resource! not a continued run a round. I purchased the 3500 sq ft home with the intent to have the basement finished. I am very frusterated. The name of the creek that runs through which I believe is my basement is Purgatory creek in Eden Prairie Minnesota. my # to call is 952-974-1379 if needed. any help would be appreciated

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC