> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > i think i have a problem with my furnace
Login | Register

i think i have a problem with my furnace

Posted by Christine on January 6th, 2003 09:08 PM
In reply to Furnace explodes when igniting by Susan Putney on October 11th, 2002 08:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

i'm no repairman, but i just had my furnace kick on & explode. Gas explosions are supposed to be really rare, right? darn impossible if you had a professional cleaning a few months ago...yet as i sit here in the cold with my system completely off & the stuff in the bookcase in the room next to it scattered all over the floor & worried neighbor messages on my answering machine, i think not. can anyone give me a logical explanation to what may have caused this? we never had any problems with it before, i think the pilot light blew out once in the past few years & that was about it. it's a regular gas Carrier furnace, & it's only about 7 years old too. there are scorch marks all over the wall around it, but it didn't catch fire & the door had been kinda, well, blown off. (there it sits on the floor) can't smell gas, but should we be worried? am i gonna have to buy another furnace? is it going to explode again in the near future? just...slightly concerned. Thanks a bunch if you can give me any information.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC