> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Suggest ...
Login | Register

I Suggest ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on September 10th, 2001 08:29 PM
In reply to new asphalt driveway by Alice on September 10th, 2001 07:58 PM [Go to top of thread]

HI Alice,

Yes, a new asphalt driveway should be sealed.

Let the driveway 'live through' 4 seasons first. Then, I recommend a Sand Sealer. The sand in the sealer itself will 'fill' holes up to 1/8" wide. Plus, you get the added benefit of a non-skid driveway. I especially recommend it for driveways with any degree of incline. Even in the rain or when the ground is wet you can get traction. Just stir the 'stuff' before you pour it out each time. DO read the INstructions on the container as to what conditions you should apply it. Late Summer or early Fall are best.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: After sealing it, don't reseal until you see the white of the stone aggregrate showing through the sealer. This means the sealer is worn off. If you do it on some 'regular basis' for the only benefit of looking good, you'll build up such a thick layer that you'll end up tracking it into your home. Remember, you don't sleep on your driveway, you don't eat on it, and you don't entertain your guests on it. You park your cars on it which, among other things, drip and drop all kinds of JUNK on it !!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC