> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I'm with the 2 plumbers
Login | Register

I'm with the 2 plumbers

Posted by bc on April 10th, 2000 11:11 AM
In reply to extreme water pressure by anna on April 9th, 2000 09:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

You need a PRV (pressure reducing valve) that is set to less than 80 to 90 psi to fix the pressure assuming your pressure is above that. Along with the prv, you will need an expansion tank installed to stop the t&p valve from popping off all the time because of the prv. Replacing the t&p valve is usually a first and cheap step to see if it fixes it before moving on to the bigger problems (kinda like checking the battery, starter, carbuerator, etc. when the car doesn't start before replacing the engine).

Do this before the tremendous pressure starts all of your fittings and valves to start leaking. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC