> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I'm Confused ...
Login | Register

I'm Confused ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 12th, 2002 09:31 AM
In reply to venting an apartment in New York City by Bruce Craig on February 11th, 2002 06:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bruce,

Do you want to draw air INTO the apartment, or do you want to exhaust air OUT of the apartment?

I can't speak to the specs of the fan and filter if you're using the fan as an intake fan. I mean, I don't think that you need a fan that has a high draw rate. If you're just looking for fresh air, I think you want the intake to be 'low' in the room. (What good is it way up there. Heat rises, and will probably not work well w/the outside air entering in from that height ...)

If you're talking about exhausing air OUT of the apartment, you don't need a filter AND you need to understand that air going out need to be 'replaced' somehow. Will the replacement air be drawn from 'under' the hallway door? Will it draw air in from the 'leaks' in the windows in the apartment? Again, you I don't think you need a high-output fan for this.

Say more if you can. Beings you're from Wisconsin, I think that the term 'fresh air' in NY is a relative term. (There really ain't such an animal ...)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Consider an air filtering system ...

PPS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC