> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I'll Be Right There - Where Do You Live ???
Login | Register

I'll Be Right There - Where Do You Live ???

Posted by Jay J on August 10th, 2000 03:18 PM
In reply to HELP !!!HELP!!!! paint my sill to preserve it by mark Anderson on August 10th, 2000 02:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

Only kidding. Sorry. I shouldn't make light of your situation. I just couldn't resist. As you can see on the Forum, it's been a rough day. I needed to convince myself that I shouldn't take the world that seriously (especially when my name is taken in vain.) You happen to be the victim of my dry humor ...

Anyways, perhaps I can help. If you can cut out the bad 'spot', you can temporarily replace it with Pressure Treated wood. Depending on the dimensions, you'll need to measure the area first, then go to the Home Center and buy a replacement. With PT wood, you won't have to treat it as long as you plan on fixing the problem with your new door in relatively short order.

If you can't cut it out, first, clean it as best as you can. Then, let it dry out for a couple days. Then, you can add some epoxy wood filler, maybe. W/O seeing, exactly, what's happening, you need some on-site or 'local' advice. Maybe others have something else to offer.

Other than that, my best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC